Monday, June 14, 2010

survived tropical strom Agatha and other random updates

Agatha made it quite rainy here for a week or so, and my house flooded, but no serious damage was done in my town.

I went to go visit a friend this weekend who only has one bus a day in and out of her site... I almost missed the bus up there. I'm really spoiled to live where I have regular transportation.

I found turtle food for my turtle - (s)he seems to like it a lot better than the other stuff I was giving him/her. Sometimes (s)he'll eat while I'm still standing there watching... I think it's really cute... (S)he kinda snaps at the food, as if (s)he's afraid the food pellets will try to get away.

I saw the craziest lizards (iguanas?) chasing each other around in my yard today. I wish I could've gotten a picture - they were maybe a foot and a half long. I was afraid for a minute they were going to run right in my door... not sure what I would've done with two iguanas running around my house.

I seriously think Honduras ruins technology. I'm always asked to read instruction manuals and fix various machines. I know I'm not a tech genius, but wow, trying to fix Honduran technology makes me feel stupid. Also, computer viruses travel through air here, I think. I wish these Honduran computers would stop sneezing on each other.

I no longer teach English - just couldn't do it any longer. I spend my time about half and half between the municipality and the cultural center. Got approached about a possible water project...that would be super cool - fingers crossed!

1 comment:

  1. I hope the water project works out. Do you have any photos of the wildlife? I'm glad you aren't teaching any more. How did you get out of it?

    ReplyDelete