Tuesday, April 20, 2010

convo w/ my landlord's mother:

Me: Hey, so my roof was leaking last night

H: Yeah, it’s because it was raining so hard last night

Me: Yeah, but it was leaking pretty bad…. It was like it raining inside my house

H: Yeah, everyone is having the same problem, it rained really hard last night

Me: Well, I think the roof might be bad. My whole house is flooded

H: No, everybody’s having that problem, look at those puddles (outside)

Me: No really, my whole house is flooded. The roof is bad. It hasn’t leaked like this before.

H: No, that’s because it rained really hard last night. But OK fine, I’ll talk to Y (my landlord) and see what he says

Me: Thanks, that’d be great


I'm positive my landlord won't think it's necessary to do anything. Luckily I was at home when the rain started so I was able to get (almost) everything of the floor and out of danger. We'll see what happens next time...

2 comments:

  1. Hello Theresa, this is John Ramthun, I came as a part of that group of people from Wisconsin back in feb and march. I don't know how else to contact you except by making a post. wondering do you have facebook or an email i can contact you with. add some questions about future volunteer work with Taulable.

    thanks,
    john
    jramthun@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, dear, Teresa. I sure hope something gets done with your roof.

    ReplyDelete