Saturday, August 22, 2009

uvas

The other day, my host mom brought home some exotic Honduran fruit that I didn't recognize at all... Excited to try this new fruit, I asked her what it was...... They were uvas (grapes). haha.. I guess I was just convinced that since we were in Honduras, clearly it couldn't be something familiar like grapes.

We're half way through with field based training (A month and 3 days from swear-in, and only about 3 weeks until we find out our sites!). We've started our semi-individual projects in the surrounding communities.. considering my still terrible Spanish, I had mixed feelings about our project, because I was afraid that my group would just get in the way. But after starting it yesterday, I feel much better. The guy we were going to work with is out of town until September 6 or something, but we were able to help another lady who has been having trouble with some software. She had (as far as I understand) been copying charts from the tax software cell-by-cell into excel to play with the numbers, but we were able to figure out how to export the data into excel almost perfectly. So hopefully her work will get a lot easier after this. Our next step is to figure out what she's trying to do with the data and see if we can help her with that.

1 comment:

  1. When I was living in Oaxaca, I got addicted to these crazy fruits called "ciruelas" that I'd never had before and were ridiculously delicious. I got home and looked up "ciruela" in my Spanish-English dictionary. Apparently I'd become addicted to plums. Meh...at least it made my life exciting and exotic for a short while. :)

    ReplyDelete